cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Horizontal lines after new cartridge change on Laserjet 1022n

HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 1022n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Laserjet started to run out of ink the last few days.  Did the old trick of shaking it which got me a few more prints but decided to replace cartridge.  I should say up to this point the print quality was excellent.  I replaced with HP 12A cartridge as usual, removed the orange pull out strip.  However all prints have horizontal lines and some shadowing / repetition of print further down the page.  I cleaned the printer, checked the cartridge, nothing obvious.  Gave it another shake.  Still exactly the same.  Please help as need to print out kids school work!!!  Thanks in advance.a1.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Level 12
Level 12
6,697 6,633 714 1,757
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If print quality was acceptable before changing the cartridge then likely you have a bad cartridge. It does happen once in a while and should be covered under HP's print quality warranty they offer on cartridges. Your local vendor may take it back as well, just be sure to take a print sample with you.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation