Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4500 Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I need to see the ink level in my ink cartridges.  I used to use HP Solution Center, but it no longer works because of the issues with Adobe Flash Player.  And for some reason, HP Smart does not recognize my printer, but HP Support Assistant recognizes my printer with no problems. And I have updated to the latest drivers. I use the Firefox browser.

Is there another way that I can see my ink levels?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @JimP3,
Welcome to the HP Support Community!

First download only HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows then install the software.

More informations you found here: Check HP printer ink or toner levels and click

• Check ink or toner levels (Windows)
  • read HP Print and Scan Doctor "Supply Levels"

Or print a "Quality Diagnostic Report", page 85

in the user manual.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Andreas

If my post resolved your problem please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks”!

I'm not an employee of HP, I'm as volunteer here.

Inquiries via private messages (PM) cannot be answered.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @JimP3,
Welcome to the HP Support Community!

First download only HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows then install the software.

More informations you found here: Check HP printer ink or toner levels and click

• Check ink or toner levels (Windows)
  • read HP Print and Scan Doctor "Supply Levels"

Or print a "Quality Diagnostic Report", page 85

in the user manual.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Andreas

If my post resolved your problem please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks”!

HP Recommended

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for the great information !😊

Print and Scan Doctor shows my ink levels as being almost full. But I do have another question. When I print in black and white, the black print looks very faded, it is not dark. Do you think there is something wrong with the cartridge, or do I need to make some sort of adjustment to the printer?

Thanks again for the ink level information !😄

HP Recommended

Hi Jim,

here are some interesting and important information about using ink: Ink Usage in Inkjet Printers.

And her you find what you can do to reach a better print quality: HP Officejet 4500 Printers - Fixing Poor Print Quality .

Regards
Andreas

HP Recommended

Thanks again Andreas !

More Great Information !😀

When I went in settings and changed the setting from "Normal" to "Best" it printed out perfectly.

I was considering tossing my ink cartridge and buying another one. And my printer is so old, that when I gave HP my serial number the said: "Sorry we can't help you."😫

I am going to give you 2 "Solved" for this post👍

Thanks again !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.