Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 1022
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, How to check toner/ink status of my HP 1022? I have tried some way listed on the website of HP but those didn't work for me.

Methods tried.

1- I tried printing test pages again and again but it didn't give me info about toner status.

2- I tried HP Smart app but it didn't find the printer attached and when I manually tried to add printer then it kept on "Finding  the printer" and never finished this process. (may be my printer lost in Sahara desert LOL)

3- I tried HP print and scan doctor app and it found my printer but the tab "printer" was disabled and i wasn't able to check the supply option (as listed on HP website) you can check screenshot for it.

hp.png

Now please help me how do I find status of my tonner?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

This is an older model printer and is likely not supported by the newer apps you have tried. If you are connected via a network you can check the embedded web server by typing the IP address of the printer into a web browser, but I am not sure how much information this basic consumer model actually supplies. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks. I was thinking there must be some way to check? if not automatically then manually may be?

Last night i was printing and i noticed that my printer was smoking from the upper tray,  i mean when the printed page came out of printer , there was smoke with it, some of may page printed blank and some of them was mis-printed (missing words). Is that means my toner is near to finish? or anyother problem?

HP Recommended

the only way to check manually is really to weigh the cartridge. I have a chart somewhere with the expected weights, if I can find it I will post back for you.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.