Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610 e-All-in-One Printer

OfficeJet 8610 will not accept the cyan color that came with the other 2 colors in the same box/same purchase. I went through the virtual assistant steps, cleaned everything, reset, etc. got rid of printer failure error. Now, the cartridge failure is only the color that the initial ink depletion needed.

Installed Cartridges
Color
Magenta
Cyan
Yellow
Black
Cartridge Number HP 951 Z10 Magenta Officejet Ink Cartridge (CN051AN) -- 951 Z10 Cyan Cartridge (CN050AN) HP 951 Z10 Yellow Officejet Ink Cartridge (CN052AN) -- 950XL Black Cartridge (CN045A)

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @ckOfficeJet 

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you are getting an error on your  HP Officejet Pro 8610 E-All-In-One Printer, I am glad to assist you.

To be able to assist you better please let me know the Operating System installed on your computer.

Are you able to make Photocopies?

Meantime, please try these steps : Click Here

Please perform these steps and Feel free to reply to your public post for any further assistance.

Thank you for being a Valuable Member of our HP Family.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

-Regards.

Raj2111
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Raj,

I cannot make copies. The error message keeps showing: "Cartridge Problem".

I did the support steps and even called an HP servicer, who called me today. He said the to replace the Cyan cartridge. They are new from on pack and the printer gauge show the new Magenta cartridge and new Yellow cartridge, but the new Cyan cartridge shows empty with a red "x". The old Cyan cartridge is recognized as depleted. I would need to return the whole pack to Target to test another pack.

Is it worth buying printheads? The HP servicer said no because a new printer is less than the printhead.

HP Recommended

Hi @ckOfficeJet 

Thanks for your reply.

I would suggest you to manually clean the printheads before proceeding further with the new printer.

here is the link for your reference : Click here

Please perform these steps and Feel free to reply to your public post for any further assistance.

Thank you for being a Valuable Member of our HP Family.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

-Regards.

Raj2111
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.