cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Dana2021
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Hp envy print quality

HP Recommended
Hp envy photo 7800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I want to print something out on paper,  I'm using hp office paper,  the quality is horrible!! It's barely visible.  Do I need to take out color cartridge? What am I doing wrong?

2 REPLIES 2
Evan04
Level 3
44 44 5 9
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Dana2021,

I would suggest running a cartridge cleaning cycle for your printer, which can usually be found in the "Setup" or Maintenance" menu of your printer. You may also want to check the ink levels of your printer, as low ink could cause the issue. It is also possible that your may need to perform a cartridge alignment which can also be found in the same menu as the cleaning cycle. If cleanings and an alignment do not solve your issues, then replacing the problem cartridge should solve your issue. Follow this video to properly change the cartridges: Replace the Ink Cartridges | HP ENVY 5640, 5660, 7640 and Officejet 5740, 8040 | HP - YouTube. The printers shown in the video are slightly different models, but the process is the same. Make sure to replace them with HP 64 ink, rather than the 62 ink shown in the video. 

Have a great weekend,

Evan

0 Kudos
Dana2021
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you so much Evan.  I did 2 cleaning cycles and aligned the cartridges.  This is still the result.  My photos look good though.  Any other suggestions?

20210110_121541.jpg

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation