Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet pro 6970

Hello, my printer is suddenly printing lines on full colour pages, as seen below. I have run cleaning and aligning and smudge removal a few times and all these pages come out just perfect. But this sheet doesn't. Writing comes out just fine but pictures aren't. All colour cartridges have recently been changed and that hasn't helped either.

Please can anyone help?

16085110868081463136474487035698.jpg

16085111219229168580672371620315.jpg

16085111414682095758640891811035.jpg

16085109564455504703562888188593.jpg

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Also it happens whether I print from my phone, tablet or laptop too

HP Recommended

Hi @Madrat31,

If you have already performed the steps from the document Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Hope this helps!

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Hello Jay_g24 and thank you for your reply.

I have looked through the documents you linked and yes I have done everything on them. 

I have also had a play and tried printing some pictures, to check the quality. After printing 4 A4 images in various colours and noting the print quality was perfect, I then tried the pdf file again, which again came out with pink lines 😔 so I screenshot the pdf page and printed that and that came out fine, so it seems somewhere there's a problem with printing pdf files (images, everything else is fine) as seen in the picture below, the top is the pdf, bottom is screenshot image.

I couldn't find where to inbox you, but also yes my warranty is out by over a year and I'm in the UK.

20201223_085527.jpg

HP Recommended

I don’t mean to hijack your post but my HP office jet pro 6978 is doing the same thing and virtual help has been no help because I am past my warranty.  
Is there a fix I can do to help get me printing again. 

HP Recommended

Does the copy print out the same way? 

Have you tried printing from a different application or device?

Try the steps below -

Print the PDF as an image

You can print a PDF file as an image.

NOTE: 

Printing a PDF file as an image can result in blurry images or fonts, especially along the edges of the print.

1. Open the original PDF file.

2. Click File, and then select Print from the list.

The Print window opens.

3. Click Advanced.

The Advanced Print Setup window opens.

4. Click the Print As Image checkbox, change any other settings as desired, and then click OK.

Printing the PDF file as an image

You may refer to Cannot Print PDFs from Adobe Reader (Windows)

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

It doesn't print anything that is an image in PDF, Word, Excel or when I attempt to print pictures.  It doesn't print properly from laptop I am using or from my iphone.  Has been doing it for a few weeks. 

HP Recommended

Print and share the print quality report-

1. Load plain white paper in the input tray.

2. From the printer control panel, open the Setup  menu.

3. Open the Reports or Tools menu.

4. Touch Print Quality Report

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

Here’s what the report printed  BC91DB9F-CFC0-414D-B736-408D823E3FD9.jpeg

HP Recommended

I am unable to view the image, could you please share the image again?

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.