Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Printer
macOS 12.0 Monterey

I have an HP3830 printer. I am having alignment problems. I have tried using the touchscreen menu. It prints an alignment page for me to scan to set the alignment. When the page prints, it is misaligned. It skips the first inch of the page and then skips the top half of every line. I scan it, but it is still skipping the top half of lines. Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Is there a way to talk to a real person in tech support over this issue? There has been no response to my problem on this forum. I cannot find anywhere on the HP website, a phone number or email address for tech support issues. 

HP Recommended

Hi @Bobsly,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you. 

If you're experiencing alignment problems with your HP3830 printer, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue.

• Check the cartridges: Ensure that the cartridges are properly installed and that they're not empty or low on ink. Replace any cartridges that are running low or empty.
  • Clean the print heads: Over time, the print heads can become clogged with dried ink, which can cause alignment issues. To clean the print heads, go to the printer settings on your computer, and select "Print Head Cleaning."
  • Use high-quality paper: Low-quality paper can cause alignment issues, as it may not feed properly through the printer. Try using a higher-quality paper and see if that resolves the problem.
  • Calibrate the printer: If the alignment issue persists, try calibrating the printer. Go to the printer settings on your computer, and select "Calibrate Printer."

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hello Alden-

Thank you for the suggestions. I have put new ink cartridges in, repeatedly cleaned and deep cleaned the print heads, and I use a high quality paper. However I cannot find "Calibrate Printer" anywhere in the HP Smart app on my computer (MacOS Ventura 13.2.1). This is very frustrating. Using the Align Printer tool, it prints a page that is blank for the first inch, leaving only half of the "Print Quality Diagnostic" line. The other lines are missing the top portion of all words. When I try to scan the page, it does not recognize it as a diagnostic page. Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

Hi @Bobsly,

Thank you for your response, 

Due to limited support, I would request you contact our HP Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link.

https://www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hello Alden-

I clicked on that link and it took me right back to the page with the same support options. I see no way to contact your Support Engineers.

HP Recommended

@Bobsly 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.