Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 7855

I was recently shipped a replacement printer. I can not get the HP ink, to work in the replacement printer, that I have received prior to the replacement coming

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@jewsac

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Are both the cartridge numbers same?

Do you get any error message?

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The cartridge numbers differ as follows: The one bought at staples, which works, is a HP one, and says 64 on it. The ones sent by HP say 64/303

The error message says "Cartridge can only be used in the printer that initially installed it" That printer had a malfunction, and a replacement printer was sent to replace it, by HP. The replacement came with no ink cartridges. So if the cartridges from the malfunctioned printer can not be used in the replacement, and they are not empty; how do I get HP to send me replacement cartridges for free? Should you be able to do that I need 2 color and 3 black. The reason for so many is that I tried all the cartridges I had on the malfunctioning printer, thinking that was the problem. It was not until customer service had me run some tests on that malfunctioning printer, that we realized it was not an ink issue. 

HP Recommended

The cartridge numbers differ as follows: The one bought at staples, which works, is a HP one, and says 64 on it. The ones sent by HP say 64/303

The error message says "Cartridge can only be used in the printer that initially installed it" That printer had a malfunction, and a replacement printer was sent to replace it, by HP. The replacement came with no ink cartridges. So if the cartridges from the malfunctioned printer can not be used in the replacement, and they are not empty; how do I get HP to send me replacement cartridges for free? Should you be able to do that I need 2 color and 3 black. The reason for so many is that I tried all the cartridges I had on the malfunctioning printer, thinking that was the problem. It was not until customer service had me run some tests on that malfunctioning printer, that we realized it was not an ink issue. 

HP Recommended

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this as this.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.