Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4527 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I use original HP302XL cartridges (for both colour and B&W) on my machine.  My printing through these cartridges has been OK until yesterday when I now I keep getting an error message on the printer screen, confirmed by HP Scan Doctor, that the colour cartridge is not intended for use with my printer.

I have double checked compatibility of the cartridge to the printer on the HP website and this is listed as OK.

I have tried all the steps twice in the following community feed (https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Instant-Ink/Incompatible-Cartridges/m-p/7503787#M5599) but this message is still appearing. 

Help please..!

Obviously want to fix the issue but as a last resort I think HP does provide a warranty on potentially faulty cartridges but the process seems to take you round in circles - can anyone provide a link to a succinct process for this.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ACAWLEY, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If you have already performed the steps from the document HP Printer Does not Print and Error Indicates Faulty Ink Cartridge and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had no luck with the cartridge.  I swapped the cartridge for a new one and so far not had any issues.

The second part of my post dealt with warranty on the faulty cartridge - how do I claim for a replacement cartridge?

I have tried the various options as you suggest through HP Support.  Frustratingly through the virtual assistant it does not recognise the product warranty and I keep going round in circles - can someone please respond direct please.

Regards

HP Recommended

@ACAWLEY

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.