Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2652

20211010_160634.jpg

This is a HP 65 cartridge refilled. Only the blue fades. I've soaked the bottom of the cartridge in alcohol and hit water. Is this a physical or electrical issue? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Mine does this too. I changed out the Instant Ink cartridge. I also aligned the print heads. I ran a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd level cleaning and the test pages look great. However, the moment I print anything with blue it is all streaks and looks more pink. HELP! I'm about to throw this printer and my subscription in the trash.

HP Recommended

@JRMouser, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I understand the print quality is not good. I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve this issue by performing the necessary troubleshooting steps.

Have you tried using an alternate color ink cartridge?

Try making a standalone color copy from the flatbed glass and check the print quality. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

For more info on resolving this issue, refer to - Fixing Poor Print Quality

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @juntjoo76,

I'd like to help!

I understand you are unable to print using refilled ink cartridges.

You may refill your cartridges or use remanufactured cartridges, but you may run into problems. HP will not guarantee the functionality of those ink cartridges.

There are many cartridges in the market which is refilled and sometimes the chip is not configured to work with the printer. You need to contact the cartridge manufacturer and find out why it's not working. Try a different cartridge supplier and check if that works.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Sir,

I have followed the cleaning and troubleshooting attempts. The image below is a color copy (scanned as a picture) of a magazine cover. You can note the streaking. If it is a blended color such as green the end result is more yellow than green. Finally, I have tried a second ink cartridge with the same effect. I'm at a loss. As this printer was not a cheap throwaway, I'm rather disappointed.

246216402_309884170509508_1637402816657728199_n.jpg

HP Recommended

@JRMouser

I understand. If the issue persists after performing the troubleshooting steps and replacing the ink cartridge, I'm afraid it is an issue with the printer.

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service/replacement options for your printer. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.