Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have an OfficeJet Pro 8620 printer for home use. We do very limited printing anymore and since I purchased the printer in January 2015, we have only printed 1,315 pages (confirmed with a usage report printout from the printer). However, I have just replaced the entire set of ink cartridges for the third time. Per HPs website, each 951 color cartridge should last ~700 pages, and the 950XL black cartridge that I buy should last ~2,300 pages. How can it be that I've printed a total of 336 black-and-white pages / 979 color pages, yet had 3 sets of ink cartridges be depleted?

Most recently, I was given an error message that the Cyan and Black cartridges needed replacing, I checked the status of the Magenta and Yellow cartridges and confirmed that they both still retained plenty of ink. However, after replacing the cyan and black cartridges, the printer now said the yellow was out of ink...even though just yesterday it had over 1/3 left, and obviously no printing was done inbetween.

I just spent another $100 on replacement cartridges when they don't even provide 300 pages worth of ink. Please contact me as to how I can get a replacement printer or refund on the ink. Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@DesertGringo, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, thank you for responding. Unfortunately, I have not received any follow up message from HP since your posting on the 21st. I understand the end of year holidays might have delayed the response, but want to make sure I didn't miss anything or that my issue wasn't dropped. Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.