Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8025
Other

Do I need to install all cartridges in order to use printer? I can’t seem to get my yellow cartridge to work. It’s saying it’s missing or damaged. Or can I just take out all colored cartridges and just use black for now

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@-B11_A8-

Welcome to the HP support community.

1. Go to HP Printer Support and enter your printer's serial number. For help finding your printer serial number, click one of the Tip links on the page.

2. Follow the instructions on the page to identify your Cyan and Yellow cartridges.

3. If you see the message You're eligible for a free replacement, either sign in or create a new HP account to provide your shipping information.

4. Until your replacement cartridges arrive, you can follow these steps to print in black and white mode:

• Windows:

1. In your software application, click Print.

2. Select your printer from the list of available printers.

3. Click the option that opens the Printer Properties dialog box.

Depending on your software application, this button might be called Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer Properties, Printer, or Preferences.

4. On the properties window, click the Paper/Quality or Features tab, depending on your software.

• To print using only the black ink cartridge, change one of the following settings depending on what displays.

• Click Advanced, click Print in Grayscale, and then select Black Ink Only.

• Click the Black & White button.

5. Click OK, and then click Print to start the print job.

The printer prints the print job in black ink for this print job only. See Printing with Black Ink Only (Windows) to learn how to change the default setting for all prints.

• Mac:

• Open the document or photo you want to print, click File, click Print, and then click Show Details, if necessary.

• Select Black & White on the main dialog. The Presets menu also includes black and white options.

Select Black & White in the print dialog

• To use less black ink, click Media & Quality in the unnamed print options menu at the center of the dialog, and then move the Quality slider to Draft.

• Click Print.

• To create a new preset based on the selected print settings, click the Presets menu, and then select Save Current Settings as Preset.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.