Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart Wireless e-All-in-One Printer - B110c
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

Hello, I recently wanted to start using my 11 year old HP Photosmart Wireless e-All-in-One Printer - B110c again. I haven't used it for a long time, so I had to put in new ink cartridges and connect the printer to the WiFi again.

I ordered non HP ink cartridges (I guess that was a mistake) that are compatible with this printer model, however the printer recognized them as fake. Now it keeps telling me to shut down the printer and turn it back on again. 

I took out the fake cartridges and put back the old real HP cartridges, but the same error keeps popping up.

I can not access the settings at all, it just keeps saying that I need to shut down and restart the printer, so I am stuck in a loop. I also took out the power plug, put it back in, turned printer on again, but this results in the same error message.

What should I do now? Any advise is much appreciated! 

p.s.

Please also tell me if I ruined my printer for good now and that I can throw it out of the window. Thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Sanne123, Welcome to HP Support Community!

The third-party ink cartridges will work. But there are many cartridges in the market which is refilled and sometimes the chip is not configured to work with the printer. You need to contact the cartridge manufacturer and find out why it is not working. Try a different cartridge supplier and check if that works.

If the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for your reply and the suggested solution.

The problem is however, that my printer constantly shows the error message (0xc19a0020) even with (old) original HP cartridges or with no cartridges. It seems to be stuck in a loop and there is no way to reset the printer. I have unplugged the power cord over 10 times, but the same error shows. 

Is there a different way to reset the printer? There seems to be no reset button. Is it possible to connect my laptop to the printer to access the settings?

Many thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

@Sanne123

This looks like a hardware issue.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.