Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet8022 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've only had printer for two months, print almost exclusively in black and white, maybe 5 or 6 color pages in that time, and it's telling me that cyan is completely out and other colors are low.  All the refills I've found are selling for $60 per color! What am I missing?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @MariaSzos,

I'd like to help!

To decrease grain, some black areas might be printed with a mix of black and color inks. If you follow the steps in this document to print with black ink only, no color ink is used in printouts.

Some ink from all the ink cartridges is used in periodic servicing tasks. This helps to prevent issues like printhead clogs and poor print quality.

Set grayscale print properties (Windows)

Change the print settings to print with black ink only.

You might need to change your print settings every time you print.

NOTE: 

These steps vary by software, program, and operating system.

1. In your software application, click Print.

2. Select your printer from the list of available printers.

3. Click the option that opens the 

Printer Properties

dialog box. Depending on your software application, this option might be called Printer Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer, or Preferences.
  4. Click the Features tab, click the Grayscale drop-down menu, and then click Black Ink Only.

NOTE: 

To use even less black ink, select the Draft setting.

5. Click OK, and then click Print to start the print job.

NOTE: 

When you print in color, you must turn off the grayscale setting in the Printer Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer, or Preferences window.

You can order ink cartridges from HP Store or HP Phone Support team 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.