Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Tango
Chrome OS

I have been an Instant Ink customer for almost 5 years now  and I am unable to get a replacement cartridge that no longer works but is not yet  out of ink.  The last time the ink was replaced was in 2019.  I contacted HP several times but without a positive response.  If I buy a cartridge I will now be paying double.my wrist.  I am completely baffled

Do I get rid of HP Instant Ink?

Do I get rid of HP printer?

Do I just quit printing in color?

I know what I am doing, I have cleaned the print cartrige,

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @johnshaw541,

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

HP Tango  #[Private information removed]

Account #[Private information removed]

[Private information removed]

HP Recommended

It seems that they are forcing us to buy a new printer.  I don't want to, but I will most certainly not purchase an HP model.  Maybe all the other printer corporations do this but I will search around for one that doesn't and report back. 

HP Recommended

Your solution didn't seem to have anything to do with the issue?

HP Recommended

Also, there's no little blue envelope next to my name.  There is a white envelope next to my name, but it has nothing in it.  Just like HP seems to have nothing for me but disrespect as a consumer.

HP Recommended

As per the last update from your printer,  you have over 90% ink in the black cartridge and over 40% in the color cartridge this was the reason the replacement cartridge was not sent yet.

Are you facing print quality issues or cartridge error messages?

Note - Please do not post personal information publicly.

Let me know!

HP Recommended

Defective cartridge issue, dried up ink.

HP Recommended

To better assist you - 

1) Does the copy print out the same way? 

2) What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or device? 

While you respond to that, let's print a Print Quality Diagnostic page 

Use HP Smart to print a Print Quality Diagnostic report.

1. Open HP Smart, and then select HP Tango or Tango X, if it is not already selected.

2. Click Printer Settings.

3. Under Utility, click Printer Reports or Reports.

4. Click Print Quality Report.

Post the Print Quality Diagnostic page here so we can help you further. 

You may also refer to this document with steps to fix the " Print Quality Issues" issue applicable for your printer -  Print Quality Issues

Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

HP Recommended

Because of HP's inability to replace my cartridge, I will be replacing my printer with a different brand in the future.  For over 4 years I have been very happy wirt HP and have spread the word with my customers and friends.  Now because you refuse to replace a cartridge that is over 1 year old and has dried up, you have lost me as a customer.  What a way to ruin/run a business.

John

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.