Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy photo 6234
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So i bought this hp envy photo 6234 the 30th of December. Enrolled it to instant ink right away. And got 7 months of free trial motbths. It is all fine. But tnow 14 days after I realisme my printer has a flaw and I got a new one. The same one. Thank God for great service. I change the old printer to the new printer through my instant ink account and set the printer up with the new trial cartridges that follows in the pack. But on my hp account it says the printer uses some other cartridge than instant ink. But it is instant ink ready cartridges. The once sent with the printer. When I print it does not count towards my total number of pages each month but it works fine. I have printet about 15 pages and now the ink is almost empty. That's fine. It says there will be send an introduction pack with ink to me. The problem is that the printer came with a message that the printer no longer was signed up to instant ink and I therefore should use normal catridges. But on my account it says it active and ink is on its way. I'm just a bit confused

is it not supposed to register the trial ink cartridge that came with the printer as instant Ink cartridges? And is it not supposed to count the pages printed with that ink towards my 300 pages. Have I done something wrong? Or does it always count as something else as long as it is only instant ink ready cartridges that are installed right now. 

Another question is. The other printer which had a flaw had already send message about low ink and a message on my account said ink was on its way before I had it replaced with a new one. Can I use that in my new printer which is the same exact one or do I have to send them back whenever thay arrive?

And what about the ink in the old printer. Can I use them in my new printer if they still have ink in it? Seems like a waste to just send back unused ink when it is the same exact printer I just got another of

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@NI99NI, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

You cannot use the ink cartridges from the old printer in the new one. Did you add the printer as a replacement on your Instant Ink account?

Refer to this document.

To assist you better, we would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@NI99NI, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

You cannot use the ink cartridges from the old printer in the new one. Did you add the printer as a replacement on your Instant Ink account?

Refer to this document.

To assist you better, we would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I called a hp supporter who guided me how to replace my printer through my account. A replacement. I got the mail that the replacement was successfully and the free months from my old printer was transfered. And it is according to my account. The 2 serial numbers on my printer and my account match. And my account says it is active and not canceled. It was only my printer telling me so.

PS. I can't seem to find the private message you should have send 

HP Recommended

@NI99NI

It seems like the message did not go through. Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.