cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Is it possible to have a toner cartridge that is too old ?

HP Recommended
HP LJ Pro MFP 125nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just installed a new toner cartridge into my LJ Pro 125 and my print jobs are not bold enough in addition to the " Black Low" indicator being on ? Can 2-3 years of storage ruin the cartridge ? I tried to adjust the Light / Dark from the touch screen but nothing helps. Looked for ways to reset the printer but shutting it down and re-starting didn't help either.

Any help appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Level 12
Level 12
6,669 6,605 710 1,741
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

2 or 3 years is unlikely to damage a cartridge under normal circumstances. 10 years can  be a problem depending on where it is stored. Likely something else is causing your issue.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

0 Kudos
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, I figured out what had happened. When I bought the printer I also bought a spare toner cart. It seems that the cartridge HP includes w/ printer has a limited amount of ink in it. Unfortunately , I went through the initial cartridge and installed my "spare" years ago not realizing that I put the original ( now empty) back in the packaging. So... when I recently swapped cartridges and the code of Black Low had still shown on the screen.... it was in fact correct. It's my poor memory that created the issue. Thank you for your input 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation