Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm having a big problem with color correction with this printer.  Even when I go into a program such as Photoshop and make a box say "perfect blue" (RGB of 0,0,255) it looks as expected on the screen however when I go to print (either with a printer managed color profile or with Photoshop's color profiles), it does not print anywhere near the color it should.

This is what it should look like:

What it should look likeWhat it should look like

This is what it actually looks like:

What it looks like when printedWhat it looks like when printed

In reality, it actually looks more like this post button than the picture above...

2021-04-07_15-42-13.jpg

What can I do to correct this?  I just bought this printer a few weeks ago and this is the first time I've tried printing from Photoshop for a project...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You can play with the color settings on the printer but to get matching color your need to run a color match system that will balance your monitor and printer and create a custom printer driver that will provide closer matching. This software ideally needs to be run after any cartridge change to ensure ongoing color balance. There are some settings in the driver that you can play around with. Under the advance tab you could set image color management to allow the computer to control color

Repairatrooper_0-1617834817332.png

You can also try under the color tab and change the color theme

Repairatrooper_1-1617834842724.png

My success with both of these has been limited but worth a try.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You can play with the color settings on the printer but to get matching color your need to run a color match system that will balance your monitor and printer and create a custom printer driver that will provide closer matching. This software ideally needs to be run after any cartridge change to ensure ongoing color balance. There are some settings in the driver that you can play around with. Under the advance tab you could set image color management to allow the computer to control color

Repairatrooper_0-1617834817332.png

You can also try under the color tab and change the color theme

Repairatrooper_1-1617834842724.png

My success with both of these has been limited but worth a try.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for the tips! It's not perfect, but I've gotten it pretty close by modifying the paper type and color theme within the printer options.

HP Recommended

Colour can be a big pain sometimes. Unfortunately so many factors can influence how close screens and printers are going to match, including the type of media you are using, although ink printers see more improvement than laser with better media.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.