Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet MFP E87640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since the installation of the machine, it prints well on plain paper, but on cardstock / 300g / it prints a light image. There is not enough transfer. I make all the necessary settings. Does anyone have the same problem?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

300gsm is too heavy paper for that printer model, if you print on 200 gsm how is print quality?

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

When I print on 300g cardboard there is a very pale image on it. I make all the settings but it doesn't print well at all. I have several such machines and they all behave this way. I also have new ones from the same model - they do not have this problem. I think there may be a manufacturing failure in the old batch I have......  

HP Recommended

I will be happy if there is a solution

HP Recommended

Are you running latest firmware? If not update the firmware.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Тhe firmware has been replaced at least as far as I know a month ago it was changed to 4.11.0.2..  Two days ago it was replaced by 5.1. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.