cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
4 3 0 1
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

M252 printing vertical black streaks

HP Recommended
HP Color Laserjet Pro M252dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This printer has had light use at home and there is plenty of toner in each cartridge.

It has started producing vertical black streaks on the left side of the paper, with a horizontal pattern repeating every 1.1 inches (picture below).

What do I need to clean to fix this please?

Mike

printer.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Level 12
Level 12
6,327 6,273 672 1,635
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your stated measurement does not correlate to any item but is closest to the Primary charge roller at 0.93" and based on the picture that would be my guess. Replace the black cartridge and you should be good to go.

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 6.11.04 AM.png

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the prompt and helpful reply. I have ordered a new cartridge and will let you know how it goes.

Mike

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 1
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A new black cartridge fixed the problem. The old one was more than half full so clearly poor quality.

Thanks again for fixing my printer!

Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,327 6,273 672 1,635
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If the failed cartridge was an OEM HP it would be covered by their supplies warranty.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
4 3 0 1
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It's not a genuine HP cartridge but the supplier does guarantee them so it's going back.

Mike

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation