Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 5010 printer

I bought an envy 5010 printer 2 weeks ago. Finally set it up this week and the first colour document I printed the magneta colour stopped working a couple of cm down the document. 

Please advise how to solve this problem. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @CJOM1980

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Try making a standalone copy in color and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

• Which device are you using to print?
  • Which application are you using?

Check the estimated ink levels

On the printer control panel, touch the Ink icon  to display the current estimated ink levels. Replace any low or empty ink cartridges.

Clean the ink cartridges

1. On the printer control panel, swipe left on the display, and then touch Setup .

2. Touch Tools, and then touch Clean Cartridges.

3. If the print quality is unacceptable, touch Yes when prompted to perform the next level of cleaning.

4. NOTE: If the printhead is badly clogged, it might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes before you perform both levels of cleaning again.

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic report

1. On the printer control panel, swipe left on the display, and then touch Setup .

2. Touch Tools.

3. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Print Quality Report.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi 

We have done the print diagnostic test and cleaning process plus a manual clean. There is no magenta. The level s say full ink and we have yet to print anything in full colour. 

This suggests to be a fault with cartridge and would like to know how to get a replacement. As you can imagine we bought this in preparation for self isolation and can't get out sort this. 

HP Recommended

@CJOM1980, I understand your concern. 

If the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it could be a possible hardware issue:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.