Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp psc 1350 all-in-one

My 1350 printer does not produce readable pages. They are extremely light. my operating system is Big Sur 11.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@gws79, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand the print quality is not satisfactory. Due to the age of the printer, the support options are limited.

Try making a standalone copy in black and color to check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Are you able to print from your MAC to the printer? Because there is no driver available for this printer to work on macOS 11 and this is not an AirPrint compatible printer.

Check the ink levels and replace any low/empty ink cartridge.

To resolve print quality issues, follow the steps from this document.

Update the printer firmware if possible

Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your MAC.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Also, check for any software updates on MAC

Click the Apple icon > About This Mac > Software Update and install any available update.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@gws79, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand the print quality is not satisfactory. Due to the age of the printer, the support options are limited.

Try making a standalone copy in black and color to check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Are you able to print from your MAC to the printer? Because there is no driver available for this printer to work on macOS 11 and this is not an AirPrint compatible printer.

Check the ink levels and replace any low/empty ink cartridge.

To resolve print quality issues, follow the steps from this document.

Update the printer firmware if possible

Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your MAC.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Also, check for any software updates on MAC

Click the Apple icon > About This Mac > Software Update and install any available update.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

This is a very old printer model that has not had support since macOS 10.6. This is before Airprint existed. 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-psc-1350-1340-all-in-one-printer-series/306884/m...

You can check to see if third party Gutenprint drivers are available. Please not these drivers are not supported by HP or Apple.

I work on behalf of HP
Regards,
StretchMusic

If the answer provided resolves your issue please press the thumbs up button in order to make the answer available to others.
HP Recommended

Let me address your comments/questions one at a time.

- The print quality is extremely light regardless of making a copy or printing from my Mac.

- I believe my driver is working because i can just barely see what I am trying to print on the paper

- All ink levels show high in quantity and I have conducted a printhead cleaning on both black and color cartridges.  I also replaced the black cartridge just in case.

- Even using "Best quality" print, the printout is very weak.  I can read it,but the quality is weak.

- I did a "self test report" - the black bar did not print at all, the blue bar was very light and streaked and the other two were pretty good.

- I checked for any Mac updates and I am completely up to date.

- I tried to find out if there is a firm-ware update, but only got a listing for software.

What do you think?

HP Recommended

KUMAR0307

Did you see my response to your message.  I responded to each of your suggestions with my experience when i did the things you mentioned.

GWS79

HP Recommended

Kumar0307   Here is my reply that I sent before:

Let me address your comments/questions one at a time.

- The print quality is extremely light regardless of making a copy or printing from my Mac.

- I believe my driver is working because i can just barely see what I am trying to print on the paper

- All ink levels show high in quantity and I have conducted a printhead cleaning on both black and color cartridges. I also replaced the black cartridge just in case.

- Even using "Best quality" print, the printout is very weak. I can read it,but the quality is weak.

- I did a "self test report" - the black bar did not print at all, the blue bar was very light and streaked and the other two were pretty good.

- I checked for any Mac updates and I am completely up to date.

- I tried to find out if there is a firm-ware update, but only got a listing for software.

What do you think?

GWS79

HP Recommended

@gws79

Thank you for the detailed response. This seems like a hardware issue. You may replace the ink cartridges and check if that helps. 

If the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

If the printer is out of warranty, I suggest you upgrade the printer. You may visit Hp Store to check the available printers.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.