cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Trudijane
Level 1
15 6 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My HP Printer is not printing in colored photos in color!!!

HP Recommended
HP Envy 6055 Printer
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I have not printed in color for a long time.  When I tried today, the colored photo that I have will not print in color.  They print in black & white.  I checked the ink levels, which are fine and haven't changed anything that I know of.

How do I get this printer to print in color as it used to?

1 REPLY 1
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,059 21,046 1,279 1,305
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Trudijane

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

Cleaning the ink cartridges can improve print quality. Clean the ink cartridges with HP Smart, and then evaluate the results.

1. Make sure your device is on the same wireless network as your printer.

2. Open HP Smart, and then select your printer, if it is not already selected.

3. Under Tools, click Print Quality Tools.

4. Next to Clean Printhead, click Clean or Clean Printheads.

After the printhead cleaning procedure, the printer prints a Print Quality Diagnostic report.

Example of Print Quality Diagnostic report

5. Examine the print quality on the Print Quality Diagnostic report.

• If the print quality is acceptable, close the app and stop troubleshooting.

• If the print quality is unacceptable, click Second Level Cleaning or Level 2 Cleaning in the app to perform the next level of cleaning.

6. If print quality is still unacceptable, wait 30 minutes and repeat this cleaning cycle.

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06543527

Keep me posted

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation