Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Office jet pro 7720
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Office Jet Pro 7720 is not printing in full colour when printing on A3 glossy paper. A4 is ok though as is none glossy paper. tried 4 times now with the same results double checking all settings each time, wasted a lot of ink and paper so far!!  It is also leaving a horrible smudge on the edge of the page as the A3 paper doesn't fit fully into the tray!! A3 colour printing was the only reason I purchased the product, if I can't remedy the problems I will  need to be returning it.. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Callaby, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I understand you are not able to print in color on A3 papers. Are you using HP photo papers?

• Which application are you trying to print from?
  • Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word, or Webpages and check if the issue persists?

Let us try these steps:

Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your computer.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue

Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.

If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

Use the HP Smart app to print and scan from your Win 10 PC

Click here to download and know more about the app.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have a brand new Office Jet Pro 7740 and I do am experiencing smudging on gloss photo paper. I sell prints and each time I've printed, I have noticed small bits of smudging.  I have just printed 5 different prints and each one has a smudge.

HP Recommended

@DJennJenn

To assist you better, are you using HP photo papers?

Make sure the print settings are set right on the app you are using to print. Select the correct paper type and paper size.

You may refer to - HP print settings guide (Windows, Mac)

Does this happen only while printing on photo papers? Try printing on regular paper and check the result. 

For now, kindly perform the steps mentioned in this document - Fixing Poor Print Quality

Clean the ink cartridges and print a test page to check the result.

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.