cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
BrokenToner99
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

NEW TONER CARTRIDGE LEAVING HUGE SMUDGE ON PAPER. 201A Laserjet cartridge

HP Recommended
MFP 277dw
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hello ,  I opened a brand new Toner Cartridge 201A Magenta and put it in my M277 Printer and now a Huge Magenta stripe 1/2" thick is on everypage i print as well as lots of Magenta smudging.  I have endlessly tried to navigate the website and cannot contact an actual person .  When calling the Sales / Tech support line I get sent to an automated system that wants a case number that i cannot get .  How do i get support for this defective cartridge that has ink all over paper and spilling out of the printer now?

1 REPLY 1
Jay_G24
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,010 10,980 805 901
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @BrokenToner99

I'd like to help!

To better assist you - 

1) Does the copy print out the same way? 

2) What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or device? 

While you respond to that, let's print a Print a cleaning page- 

Follow these steps to print a cleaning page:

1. From the Home screen on the printer control panel, touch Setup ().

2. Touch Service, and then touch Cleaning Page.

3. Load plain, white paper when you are prompted.

4. Touch OK to begin the cleaning process.

5. Try to print again to see if the issue is resolved,

Post the page here so we can help you further. 

You may also refer to this document with steps to fix the " Print Quality Issues" issue applicable for your printer -  Print Quality Issues

Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation