Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 5660
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Man, HP support has gone downhill.  They push everything here with no way to contact them.

Well, thank goodness for great people like you.    I did a print head cleaning, and my magenta started off strong, then faded.  So I did another cleaning, but it dissappeared completely.   I also tried an align to no prevail.

print cartridge level shows 50% on all 3 colors, cyan, magenta, yellow.

I print mainly on mono, so only black....no reason to think magenta used more than blue or yellow. I am thinking faulty ink cartridge.  Not sure how to get help on that, but looking for suggestions.  

Thanks so much,

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@mv_gibson

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

It could be a faulty ink.  Try the steps from here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-5660-e-all-in-one-printer-series/6809225/model/6809226/...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The steps detailed in the above URL did not resolve my issue.  The estimated ink levels are the same between cyan, yellow and magenta.  But magenta still does not print.  How do I get a replacement cartridge?

HP Recommended

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding a replacement.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.