Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
83A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Your printer died shortly after I purchased -- from you -- a brand new 83A toner cartridge.

I tried to buy a replacement printer that would utilize the same toner cartridge, but you've outsmarted me and you don't sell such a machine.  I am stuck with a new toner that is useless to me and will likely wind up in a landfill.  For that, you really suck.

Having now invested roughly 90 minutes on the phone and on your website, I've determined that the cost of labor is more than the cost of the toner cartridge. 

I would like to know if anyone else feels like a total sucker for buying a spare toner cartridge from HP, knowing that the shelf-life of their printers is so short you'll probably never use it.

If not, perhaps you can tell me how to return the cartridge to HP.  I'd rather YOU put it in the landfill.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@SFletcher94111, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.