Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
6978 All-in-One Printer
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Up until about 2 days ago, my printer was working fine printing on cardstock, 4x6. 

I place the cardstock in the printer tray, push the cardstock all the way to the back and press the grey bars on each side until snug up to the cardstock, change the settings to thick 4x6, go to Photoshop and print 4x6 landscape. 

Again, this has been working fine until 2 days ago, and I have not changed the settings.  This is only happening with this cardstock. The first print is off, second off, third and then around fourth or fifth, it may be correct. 

I ran printer maintenance; made sure the print heads were aligned, the carriages were not smeared. 

The printer prints fine with color prints perfect on 8.5x11.

Any advice is appreciated since I run my own small business printing cards...

Note that the printer is also wired into make updates on its own.

IMG_8733.jpeg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

What is the cardstock weight as listed on its packaging?

the printer supports 163 to 200 GSM cardstock media, let's start with verifying this is a supported media (although it has worked before, an unsupported media may work and may not work sporadically)

Also, as you mention it is landscape, do you physically load the media as portrait as instructed, regardless of any printing settings?

https://support.hp.com/si-en/document/c05076941

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.