Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OFFICE JET 6978
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

My printer has not been printing correctly for a while. First the color was very off - the blue was not printing - and now none of the colors including black are printing even though the cartridges are more than half way filled. I have unplugged the machine from the printer and the wall.  I have made sure the vent areas on the cartridge are clear - but the problem persists.  I have had to upgrade my printing plan because of all the bad pages that have printed.  I need to resolve this asap as I have a business to run.  Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@geraldineb

I reviewed your post and I understand that the printer is printing blank pages.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Are you facing the same issue when you make a copy?

Do you have an instant ink subscription?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-6970-all-in-one-printer-series/8289585/model/1...

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have taken all the steps outlined. Yes - I have the ink program and I received 2 faulty inks (yellow and cyan) that were replaced.

Unplugged and restarted

Cleaned printhead

Cleared vents on cartridges (they are more than 1/2 way full)

Cleaned smears

Attempted to align print head - however the page it printed to scan was so poor the machine could not scan it.

The last thing I found as a solution involved a very complicated process of removing the cartridge head and soaking it in distilled water which I cannot do.

I called an "authorized service center" near me listed on the HP website and was told they cannot repair inkjet printers.

I am now printing the pages I need out at FEDEX as the printer is useless. It is under warranty - if it cannot be repaired or replaced I am at a loss on a product that lasted barely 5 months. 

HP Recommended

@geraldineb

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you with the available service options for your printer.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.