Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 All In One

My black ink cartridge needs to be replaced. I open the front printer door and nothing happens, I press the replace button and nothing happens. The cartridge carriage stays off to the right side so that I can't access it and replace the cartridge. I've tried restarting several times and still the same problem. The printer is currently useless.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I also have this issue. I've tried doing the "reset" that HP recommended (unplugging from printer and wall outlet, wait 60sec, plug back in) and still nothing. I've tried other people's suggestion of printing just color, so that while the cartridge is moving, I can open the door real quick and maybe change it then real quick, but it straight up won't print anything while this "Replace Cartridge Now" message is present.

HP- what is going on? 

HP Recommended

The only way I was able to fix it was to restore it to the factory settings.

HP Recommended

Just did a factory reset on mine, per your comment.  Did you have any issues with the a message that came up afterwards, saying "Cartridge cannot be used until printer is enrolled in HP Instant Ink"? I did the factory reset, it booted up, and that was one of the first messages that came up. I connected it back to my WIFI, and my HP Smart app on my PC recognizes that the printer is online, but still has that message on the app under my printer saying "Incompatible HP Instant Ink Cartridges". 

Any experience with this? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.