cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Robabco
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Officejet 6200 Vertical Black Line on Left Edge After First Sheet

HP Recommended
Officejet 6200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I print a multiple page document, the second and subsequent pages have a vertical black line on the far left of the page.  It does not happen to the first page.  How do I fix this?

1 REPLY 1
Jay_G24
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,170 14,137 1,158 1,278
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Robabco,

I'd like to help!

I understand you are receiving vertical lines on the multiplage document

To assist  better-

1) Does the copies print out the same way? 

2) What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or devices? 

While you respond to that, try the steps in document -Ink Smears or Streaks

clean the rollers on the printer , for directions refer -A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6200 All-in-One Printer Series

Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation