Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Officejet pro 6968 - black ink is not printing

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6968
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I typically don't write on forums but since there was a new firmware for this product, I figured it would be relevant. The black ink (brand new HP genuine cartridge) is not printing, and have tried ALL HP recommended solutions, step-by-step for hours on end, for this whole week now. I've also checked Youtube and other forums that may have any solutions, and none worked. What happened: I ran out of black ink, replaced it, and now it does not print black ink, and have printed at least 100 test pages, ran too many cycles of ALL the tools automated and manual available and have used up almost all of my coloured ink as well. 

I've read a similar forum that is "solved" saying that my printerhead is defective. I am on the same boat where my warranty expired and have only used this printer to print out some documents ( I think I've printed more pages this time than I've ever printed since having this printer 2 years ago). I've also spent quite a bit of money for "genuine HP ink cartridges". 

How do I solve this problem, that is clearly not solved by just saying that it's a "printerhead defect".

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,895 16,875 1,325 1,333
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Angel_9475, Welcome to HP Support Community!

If you have already performed the steps from the document Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation