Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Acer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I accidentally ordered the wrong inkjet printer cartridge.  I immediately contacted HP to start a return.  The Rep told me that I did NOT need to send back the wrong cartridge and was TOLD TO KEEP IT.  The Rep then placed an order for the replacement cartridge, gave me a new order number and notified me that I would get a refund for the difference because the correct cartridge was cheaper than the wrong cartridge I ordered.  Because the wrong cartridge was of no use to me, I threw it away.  Flash forward two weeks later and I have not received my replacement cartridge or the refund.  I contacted HP who informed me that I needed to RETURN the wrong cartridge before they would process the replacement.  I would have happily returned the wrong cartridge if I had been TOLD TO DO SO!  After explaining this to the Rep, he was able to get an approval from his support team to process the replacement. But when he tried to process it, the selection he was trying to make on his computer was "grayed out" so therefore he informed me that he could NOT process the replacement.  Unbelievable!!  First of all, it's YOUR FAULT that I did not send back the cartridge and then you get approval to send me another cartridge and because your computer WON'T LET YOU process it, I'm out $56!!!  Thanks for nothing HP!  I WILL NOT be doing business with you anymore and my next printer WILL NOT be an HP printer!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@fleurdetigre
Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.