Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One Printer

Print quality has declined dramatically.  Have replaced all cartridges several times and run through cleaning cycle several times.  Blue in particular seems not to print properly (have tried 3 cartridges); rectangles are not colored in, just patches of blue around perimeter of rectangle. Have tried to run off alignment page several times but image is incomplete so scan is not accepted.  Is there anything else to do or is it time to replace the printer

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Knightly1 

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand that you are facing a print quality issue, I am glad to assist you today.

Please try these steps: click here

Hope this helps!

Please perform these steps and Feel free to reply to your public post for any further assistance.

Thank you for being a Valuable Member of our HP Family.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

-Regards, 

Raj2111
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried everything listed on this page and tried cleaning several times. Can't align printhead because the page doesn't print well enough for the printer to recognize it while printing.

Printer is too old to bother getting it serviced.  All the cartridges are brand new direct from Instant Ink.

HP Recommended

Hi @Knightly1 

To get the answer to this question, we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you reach out to our support team. I've sent you a private message with further instructions. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile.

-Regards,

Raj2111
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.