Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5020
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

Printing from Word (maybe other apps too) the output is resized slightly on the printed page. I'm trying to print labels and the setup of the label is correct, the page size is correct (A4 in all the places I can find it) and the print preview looks perfect. However, when I print, the output has shrunk very slightly so that the print is misaligned with the labels, maybe around 2cm shorter. Using a regular font (Calibri). Have also tried with just a word document and this is also being resized with increased whitespace at the bottom and the width also being reduced slightly. Have re-installed the printer, checked all the page setups I can find (document and printer). don't know what to do now?! Help please!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Thanks to anyone who has taken a look and considered answering. 

Have found the trouble, buried deep in the Options of Word:

File > Options > Advanced > Scroll down to Printer section >remove tick from 'Scale contents for A4 or 8.5 x 11" paper sizes'

Removed the tick and problem solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.