cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Print quality issues

HP Recommended
Hp m570
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The print on each page is leaving a yellowish background ahon the paper. I have changed the yellow cartridge and the black, but that did not change anything.  I think the yellow is being transferred from the transfer belt, since I have pulled the transfer belt and saw yellow toner coming out of one end of it. Is that normal, for a transfer belt to pick up toner and dump on the paper

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,361 6,307 680 1,644
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You will see this issue if the waste toner bin on the end of the printer is full and toner is backing up onto transfer belt. If you remove the transfer belt, on the left front side (front being the side the goes into the printer first, there is a little shutter that opens. Normally waste toner moves out of the waste bin into the waste toner bottle in the front of the machine but sometimes the toner does not move properly and backs up. If you hold open the shutter and shake the transfer belt over a garbage bin and you see quite a bit of toner come out that might be the case, but typically if this is the problem the streaks will be a muddy color not a single distinct color. Single distinct colors defects are usually a cartridge related issue and it is possible to get 2 bad cartridges in a row, especially if you are using non-HP toners.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation