cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
AmeliaPond
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Printer cartridge incompatible

HP Recommended
DeskJet 2130
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi There, I bought an HP Deskjet 2130 in the UK and it uses 302 ink cartridges. I have moved to Australia and you cannot buy 302 ink cartridges. I checked on the HP website and it said that model 63 ink cartridges were The Australian equivalent of the UK 302 cartridges. I bought genuine HP 63 ink cartridges and inserted them in my printer. Now I've got an error message saying 

Incompatible ink cartridges: Black. The cartridges listed above are not intended for use in this printer as it is currently configured.

How do I reconfigure my printer to take The Australian version of the ink cartridge ? 

Any assistance would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,944 2,571
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AmeliaPond

I reviewed your post and I understand that you bought the printer in UK and now using it in Australia and want to use the cartridges available in the region.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

We need to perform a regionalization reset on the printer to accept the Australia region cartridges.

To do a printer region reset you need to meet the following conditions:

1. The printer should be connected using a printer USB cable to the computer.

2. You need to have the printer full feature software installed on your computer. 

3. You need to have all the cartridges either from the region from where the printer was purchased originally or the new region to which you want to reset it to.

Please do let us know.

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation