Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 8025
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer was damaged due to this printer ink recall.  The damaged was not noticed until we were able to get replacement ink cartridges in January of 2021.  The printer warranty expired on 11/09/2020 and HP will not assist even though the printer was working perfectly prior to this recall.  I have been dealing with customer service HP Support for a while with no resolution.  Their recommendation was to purchase another printer.  No offer of a replacement or discount.  I have many HP products.  I work in IT for a large Fortune 100 company that does lots of business with HP.  I have been to their product testing facility in Boise, ID.  THIS IS NOT WHAT I EXPECTED FROM HP.  Very disappointed.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HP Officejet 6830 will not print black ink. My 6830 started to have black ink printing problems Spring 2020. Black ink would get steaky then eventually fade to nothing. Massive printhead cleaning with program and printing in super high quality would bring it back briefly but then gone again. Tried to buy new HP ink cartridges but HP had recalled all cartridges of this type. Waited 6 months or so til cartridges came available again. Tried new cartridge and stll nothing. Removed printhead and went through extensive clean process. Still nothing. Purchased new printhead and installed today. Color will print still but still no black. Ran many printhead cleanings, tried printhead allign but always fails because no black ink test lines are printed. Tried the unplug reset procedure. Still nothing so I have tried everything I can find on this forum or anywhere else on the internet to try. I’m thinking something with the recalled cartridges damaged something but I can’t find any info on why there was a recall. Don’t really want to make this printer a boat anchor. Please help. Thanks

Maybe time for a class action lawsuit

HP Recommended

@RBTender @Torsteinke

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Is there an update on this issue?  I need to print but currently my only option is to buy another printer.  I'm an HP consumer but I will not purchase another HP printer based on this experience.  Please advise!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.