Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4520 All-in-One Printer

"The indicated cartridges are not intended for use with this printer."   But they are and have worked in previous years!  No printing can happen now, despite ink in the cartridges which are exactly what was prescribed. 

Can the driver software be updated so that it is not necessary to have new cartridges (which, I guess report their usage or ink levels for marketing purposes)?

I have used this printer for years, but only 2-4 pages a month in the 6 months that I get to use this office.*. I have bought far too much ink for it and store the ink in airtight bags for the cold months that I am away.  The printer has been off for many months.  It scans successfully, but contends that functional ink cartridges (that will spew ink onto paper when I thrust them down with some speed on a stack of scratch paper) are not functional. 

I see three 63's.I see three 63's.

*I resent that the HP smart app has designated that I am printing 18 pages a month and that's why I need to order ink.   I have at least 6 ink cartridges waiting in the wings, they were purchased in the past because we falsely believed they were out of ink.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.