cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
benji7roeth
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Printer not printing black and other colors in center of page

HP Recommended
Officejet Pro x476dn MFP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I have a user who has a HP Officejet Pro x476dn MFP printer. She hasn't worked in office for at least 18-months due to the pandemic. According to her, the printer was working just fine before leaving office. 

When printing, a good section of the middle of the page is either missing color or streaking. Mostly it is black ink that is missing. I tried cleaning out the printer in the areas that I could reach, the best of my ability. I tried to locate all areas that I could pull apart to get to rollers and clean them. Still no improvement. I removed all of the ink cartridges to make sure there wasn't anything blocking the contacts or that the ink got dried up on any of the contacts after an extended period of time not being used. There was nothing blocking the contacts or dried ink. All ink cartridges were replaced just in case there was an issue with any of the cartridges and after that, still no improvement when printing. I ran the printhead cleaning process 3 times and no improvement after that. I've included a picture of the print quality test that printed out.Christian1.jpg

If anyone knows what might be causing this issue and what would need to be done to remedy it, I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me out. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation