cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Printer not recognizing ink cartridges

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8720
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

This printer is not that old. Purchased at the first of the year, 2019. I've tried the basics of wiping the copper piece on the cartridge, I've turned off the printer. It is not accepting any replacement ink cartridges. The cartridge I am trying to replace right now is the black. I am replacing it with an HP 952XL. I have ordered new ink to see if it is the cartridge itself. But this is getting costly. This is the second time I have had cartridges not accepted by this printer I have also replaced the printerhead.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13,093 13,078 701 532
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Frank0817

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this as this could be a hardware issue.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

since my issue began with new cartridges not being recognized by my HP office jet pro 6968 several weeks ago, and reporting it in early Dec, ,there are many identical issues  by other people. I have done EVERY single troubleshooting excercise recommended by HP employees  and still the cartrdiges are not recognized.  Something is very wrong with updates/or cartridge manufacturing.  i will be advsing my local retail store, whether they have any clout to further advise HP or not, i don't know, but all HP owners should be directly emailing HP of their individual issues and somehow an updated driver  fix might happen or cartrdige recall may occur again with all colours, not just the red and yellow of a few months ago.  

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation