My hp deskjet F5S29A printer is not working at all..when i plug it in. the power light on the power button automatically turns on and nothing happens. It does not make any sound, and when i press any of the buttons nothing happens...but i havent connected it to a pc..and when i connect it to a pc the pc doesn't show a detect a printer...
I have gone through your Post and would like to help
Please perform a printer reset
- Turn on the printer.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
- Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
- Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
If the issue persists please contact HP Support for Service Options
Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
KrazyToad I Am An HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".