Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 6000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was copying and printing this afternoon using my HP Envy 6000 printer and it stopped printing and copying.  It would spit out paper -- blank paper.  The WiFi is working, as proven by blank paper coming out when I send a test sheet to the printer.  It just won't print, whether I use B&W or color.  The cartridges are not empty.  I'm getting no error messages.  It just won't print.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Feisty49

Welcome to the HP support community.

Check for issues with the ink cartridges

Low ink levels, using non-HP cartridges, and clogged cartridge vents can cause print quality issues.

1. Replace any non-HP or refilled cartridges with genuine HP cartridges. HP supplies are available from the HP Store and local retailers.

HP cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of non-HP or refilled cartridges. Go to HP Anti Counterfeiting and Fraud Program for more information.

2. Check the ink levels from the printer control panel or from the HP Smart app on your computer or mobile device.

• If any cartridges are very low or empty, replace them with new cartridges, and then try to print.

• If the print quality issue persists, continue to the next step.

3. Open the door or lid to the cartridge access area. Wait until the carriage stops moving before continuing.

4. Push in the tab on a cartridge, and then pull the cartridge from the slot.

CAUTION: 

Do not leave the cartridges outside the printer longer than 30 minutes. Doing so can result in damage to both the printer and the cartridges.

Removing the ink cartridge

5. If the cartridge still has the orange pull-tab attached, remove it.

Removing the orange tape from the cartridge

6. Use a pin or paper clip to remove any debris or excess adhesive from the vent on top of the cartridge.

Cleaning the vent on the cartridge

7. Reinsert the cartridge into its color-coded slot, and then press down on it until it snaps into place.

8. Repeat these steps to inspect and clean the vent on the other cartridges.

If the issue persists with a specific color, replace that cartridge.

If you have a defective HP cartridge, it might be under warranty. Go to About Original HP Cartridges for page yield and HP limited warranty information.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.