cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
bigmactds
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Printer will not print in red

HP Recommended
HP officejet 6600
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I just replaced the three color cartridges and the black is fine.

When I print a color document, the red color is missing, I have performed the three step print head cleaning processes and did print head alignment. Still will not print the color red. HP diagnostics shows no problems.

2 REPLIES 2
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,897 20,884 1,271 1,297
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@bigmactds

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

Since the issue persists after cleaning the printhead, I suggest you contact HP Support in your region for service options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

bigmactds
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you. I followed the recommendations but they did not work. The final recommendation was to replace the print head which is not an easy task as this model printer does not have an easily removeable print head.

I recommend to anyone having this issue to search how to clean print heads.

One suggestion is to use windex with ammonia on a paper towel and drag the print head across the paper towel with the printer powered off. I did remove lots of ink residue this way but still does not print in red. The suggestion was to let the print head sit on top of the paper towel soaked in windex overnight and then try the clean printhead option in HP diagnostics.

If you absolutely need to print in red then you have nothing to lose. Next suggestion is to replace the printer as the printer head replacement is too complex and costly. Good luck everyone. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation