Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Printer won't print black ink

HP Recommended
Photosmart 5514
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Photosmart 5514 printer is not printing black ink.    I just replaced the 4 cartridges, which I've done numerous times before.  The colors print but the black from the new 564 XL cartridge does not.  I've done all the troubleshooting suggested within the HP software, HP Smart, online hp support etc., in fact several times.  The quality print reports, alignment pages, diagnostic pages I've printed and things I've tried to copy have all failed in printing black.  I purchased another black cartridge today but that didn't change anything.  With my new 564 XL cartridge and the 564 I bought today, I've spent over $50.  What possibly could be the problem and what can I do, please? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,889 16,869 1,323 1,332
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@canamup, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Going through your post I see that the printer does not print in black. I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

Since you have already tried all the troubleshooting steps and also replaced the ink cartridges, I'd further suggest you reach out to HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation