Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Chromebook and MacHe

I have been having issues with printing. I have a Envy 6255 all in one. The printer itself is printing, but when I print out a document in either black or colored ink, you can barely see anything. The quality is as if I had no ink. According to my printer, I have ink. I have rarely used my printer and purchased it around April/May due to the pandemic. However, I have used to only a few times. I have tried everything that the support page says I do..clean ink cartridges, align, remove the ink cartridges etc. but nothing helps. I realized that my warranty expired last month and I didn't realize that until now. I tried reaching out to HP support, but was told that I wither need to pay $19.99 for phone support or sign up for the ink monthly package.. or whatever its called. I find it a frustrating that I cant get any help without being charged. I am not asking to have them fix my printer for free. I just need some guidance and for them to help answer some question.. could it be my printer that is broken? Could it be the ink that I need to get rid of? I cant seem to get an answer. Any help would be appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Replace ink cartridges, they have dried from printer not being used a longer period, the printer itself is fine.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Could I get the ok replaced since I believe it’s warranty has not expired? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.