Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600 N911a
Other

I recently purchased a Mac and tried to print to the HP printer.  I have a hardwire connection to the printe.  I have installed the drivers on the Mac for the printer.  I am able to scan to the computer, but cannot print.  I have turned the printer on and off numerous times, I have reset the printer in my settings several times.  The print box comes up saying that it is connecting to device but nothing happens.  After a while an error message indicating a communication problem comes.  The utility will print a status report.  I have other devices in the house that are able to print using the wireless features.  

I am not able to access certain items in the Printer Utility.  Device Administration indicates that it is locked or disabled by the device administrator

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.