Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 6520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried print head cleaning and realigning printer head several times. I then tried new cartridges. It does print photos very well. On the test page only the HP logo is printed in blue. 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @jimsrr5,

I'd like to help!

To better assist you - 

1) Does the copy print out the same way? 

2) What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or devices? 

While you respond to that, let's print a Print Quality Diagnostic page -

1. Load plain white paper in the tray.

2. On the printer, touch Settings, touch Tools, and then touch Print Quality Report.

Print Quality Diagnostic report

Post the Print Quality Diagnostic page here so we can help you further. 

You may also refer to this document with steps to fix the " Print Quality Issues" issue applicable to your printer -  Print Quality Issues

Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

printer.jpg

HP Recommended

this is a copy of a photo that was scanned by another printer. 

Table.jpg

A copy of windows print test page

Windows print test p.jpg

HP Recommended

Can you try a stand-alone black copy?

HP Recommended

This was printed out and scanned bt hp6520This was printed out and scanned bt hp6520

HP Recommended

Seems like a cartridge issue, If the cartridge has ink and is in warranty 

I’d recommend you contact HP Phone Support in your region further for assistance.

Follow the instructions below to reach them:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 

6)Fill the web-form and proceed further.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Yes the printer is out of warranty. Yes the black cartridge was out of warranty, so I bought a new one and it still looks like the "print Quality Diagnostic" that I posted . Any help with this problem is appreciated. 

HP Recommended

@jimsrr5,

If the issue persists even after replacing the ink cartridge, seems like a printhead issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

Follow the instructions below to reach them:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 

6)Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

Thanks for trying to help. The printer is out of warranty and therefor the agent can't give me a repair shop to take it to.  I guess that it is now a boat anchor. If you just want to print pictures with it, it's good for that. I need a printer that does everything.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.