cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
thisismeinaz
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Rapid ink usage even from extended ink cartridge

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My black ink cartridge empties quickly. Five weeks ago I bought the extended cartridge and since then I have made approximately 30 plain text printouts and it is now complaining it's empty and indeed will not print any plain black text.

It didn't last any longer than the regular one which in my estimation should have also been able to do more than 30 plain text printouts.

This printer started out being exactly what I needed in a printer but after it started getting "updates" for its software.... not so much.

Unless there is a solution I will not be buying HP next time.

1 REPLY 1
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,249 22,208 992 1,026
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@thisismeinaz

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

Actual yield varies considerably based on the content of printed pages, frequency of printing, ink used in printer set-up and other factors

Actual yield will vary depending upon the amount of content on the page. Highly "dense" documents, such as the text document below, may yield fewer pages , while less dense ones such as would yield more pages than the standard. Printing that uses primarily one color could cause lower yields for that color, and higher yields for colors not heavily used. The yield you experience will depend upon the content that you print.

However, 30 pages for XL cartridge is less hence I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation