Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

My Pinter prints Avery labels with too much ink

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Dody43 

The amount of ink used is generally governed by the "quality" of the printing.  Depending on the application you are using to print labels, there should be a way to choose that option, and maybe even the type of paper in the printer.

The "draft" option uses the least ink, but it also gives the faintest printout.

In a similar manner, selecting photo paper will use a lot of ink because it is highly absorbent, but selecting plain paper uses less.

You will have to experiment with the printer options.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I am using Avery label paper to print labels, so it is not plain paper. My labels are formatted to fit Avery labels. However, whenever I print a page, they come out smudged and heavy on ink. That is my issue.

Sirry fir sending my fist question twice. I am new to this, and did not receive a message that my first request was sent

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.